This is the personal photography blog of Bailey Munson.
Be sure to check out my website here and be sure to like my facebook page!

Follow on Bloglovin


Monday, January 14, 2013

WHAT'S WHAT? WHEN IT COMES TO FILM CAMERAS

I've toyed my fair share with toy cameras as well as boring, old film cameras. I believe my first toy camera was my sister's Lomography Fisheye camera and I stopped using it once I realized I had to buy my own film and spend my own money in order to buy more film for it. Next came my Lomography Holga camera that I asked for for Christmas one year. I bought a few rolls of film, took some pretty mediocre pictures with them, developed them and then never touched it again. Eventually losing it when I forgot my camera bag in the Orlando airport. Film cameras were played around with when I took photography class in high school but again, I got bored and never touched it again.

So why am I tempted to get a new toy camera?

Because when done well, the images are phenomenal.

I'm looking into buying a La Sardina St. Tropez camera from lomography.com because it takes 35mm film which makes it easy and shouldn't be too expensive to develop. Also, I can take a better, more interesting picture nowadays than when I first experimented with these cameras.


There she is! If I do purchase, I'll be sure to upload my captures to this blog. If anybody's reading this, have you had any luck with toy cameras? Too much toy? Not enough? Let me know!



No comments:

Post a Comment