This is the personal photography blog of Bailey Munson.
Be sure to check out my website here and be sure to like my facebook page!

Follow on Bloglovin


Saturday, July 20, 2013

MY WARPED TOUR ADVENTURE PT. 1

Today's post is going to be the beginning of a collection of photos from Warped Tour on the 10th! After two years of missing the tour, I was finally back at it again shooting for the website I'm now a part of, Unite The Scene. I had missed the insanity that is photographing a tour as big as Warped. Especially at Merriweather Post Pavilion. The layout of the venue is long and woodsy. I do love how beautiful the grounds of the Pavilion is but running back and forth between main stages and smaller ones really tires you out! By the end of it, I had gotten some great shots and reconnected with some old friends.

Me and my friend Cara!
I'm going to have to split my photos up into different posts since I still haven't finished editing all of my photos from the day. Heck, I shot a show on the 6th and still haven't finished with those! Trust me, you'll get another post on that one as well.

This post is gonna have The Summer Set, We Came as Romans, Tonight Alive and Go Radio.

First up, The Summer Set. A band that I've liked for some time and have shot a couple times. They're the epitome of their name as they're the ultimate summer pop group. Always a joy to watch! They played in the actual Pavilion which is hands down my least favorite place of the tour. The lighting is never really substantial enough to get clear photos. Unfortunately, the two main stages were in there this year.









Another group who was in the pavilion was We Came As Romans. I wasn't sure why I shot them as they definitely were not on my list to cover but I just kind of found myself doing so and loving what I was coming up with. Once I got home I gave them a listen and really ended up liking their music. I'm so behind! I'm especially proud of one of these shots as it was super popular on Tumblr immediately.










Then we've got the highlight of my day! The whole reason I wanted to go to Warped. Tonight Alive! I have seen them once before in Tulsa, Oklahoma where I drove over 100 miles to see them open for Pierce The Veil(whom I didn't even stay to watch) and have been in love ever since. I can see lots of hype circling them and can only see bright things in their future!







Lastly for this post I have Go Radio! I've liked them for awhile and they remind me more of my post-high school years while most of these bands remind me of my 14-19 year old concert stage. They're just solid!







Stay tuned for pt. 2 coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment